What causes irregular periods with pituitary disorder?

Endocrinologist
Question
about the age of 19 doctors figured out that my pituitary gland had no grown to the adult size in the frontal part. later on in my 20"s i had a hard time having regular monthly periods. from there on, until 1993 i was to be normal just by taking high dosages of vitamin E . then i was diagnosed with Hushimoto's i remembered to tell my doctor what the doctors in Iran had told me about my pituitary gland , some 20 years earlier. i should mention that my weight has always been between 86-92 pounds. so they measured my ACTH and did and MRI and sure enough the part of the pituitary gland, responsible for cortisole production , was missing. i have had inflammation of the vessels which has caused me to have diastolic pressures > 120
sometimes i feel the earth is shaking, it is just my heart pounding .
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endocrine

Detailed Answer:
You seem to have quite a few hormone related issues.

We need to clarify a few things first. I would like to know if the following blood tests have been performed on you or not:

CBC
CMP
TSH
FREE T4
8 am serum Cortisol
Prolactin
FSH
LH

Next, when you say you were told you have Hashimoto's did they test your blood for thyroid antibodies such as TPO (thyroid peroxidase) and thyroglobulin antibodies?

I have noted your comments on the ACTH and the MRI but the above tests are also relevant to making the correct diagnosis. Once we confirm the diagnosis of possible pituitary problems then treating appropriately is expected to benefit you