What causes irregular period after marriage?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hello Dr I m 25 years old and my husband is 27 years old , we got married on 11/11/2012 before marriage my period was regular. For five months we dont plan for baby after that when we plan for baby. My period was getting irregular.and still I my not getting pregnant. we have done all the test report's are normal.but ya my follicular size is not growing its showing 9mm.plzz Dr help me suggest me what to do
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
You mentioned in the query that every test and reports are normal EXCEPT size of follicle.
2nd point is that , you are not having regular period .When nothing is wrong with reports then irregular period may be due to stress , tension and anxiety ( as these are most common causes ).
When such cases visit I advise my patient tablet clomifene ( clomiphene ):
Anovulatory infertility:Clomifene 50 mg daily for 5 days starting on the 5th day of menstrual cycle or at any time if amenorrhea ( but you are having irregular period so wait for menses and start clomifene of 5th day),
If OVULATION does not occur, a 2nd course of 100 mg may be used commencing as early as 30 days after the previous therapy.
Further treatment may not be recommended if pregnancy does not occurred after a total of 6 cycles.
Size of follicle should be around 19 to 20 mm on day 14-15 at least to rupture and endometrium thickness must be around 11 mm to conceive.
In your case the size was 9 mm , so above mentioned treatment may be helpful for you.
Hope I have answered your question. Further any question I will reply in follow up.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 10 hours later
thank u doctor but after 5th day of period I have to have this tablet and for how many day and can I get pregnant with this tablet and when I have to contact with my husband and can I get increased my follicular size with this tablet
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use of clomifene for pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

You could take clomifene on 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th 9th day ( one tablet of 50 mg each day).

Now, have sexual intercourse on 14-15th day ( count as 1st day, day one, bleeding day when bleeding starts).

This tablet will stimulate follicle and, follicle will mature ( one known as dominant follicle ) and this will rupture on 14 - 15 day, OVULATION occurs and then you could have sexual intercourse on that day.

This is the first step for conception. Hope you will get pregnant sooner.

Good luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Sir i was taking treatment for the same.. in that they suggested me take tyroid test in which it seems that i have tyroid ...

So doctor ask me to avoid the pregnency for three months...

And i am taking the tablets for tyroid
I am also sending you the image of test papers...
And also suggest me not to take medicine ----- , so please suggest me what should i do in this case..
Brief Answer:
Thyroid treatment or pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
This is not something to worry about , first of all take treatment for thyroid as prescribed by your doctor for 3 months .
After completion of thyroid treatment , take treatment for infertility ( for pregnancy)
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj