What causes irregular menstruation?
Transvaginal ultrasound advised
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your health concern and anxiety related to it.
This is commonly seen in perimenopausal transition but still cannot be left without evaluation as similar symptoms are also seen in malignancies.
So in my opinion you need a tranvaginal ultrasound for evaluation of endometrial health and ovarian cyst.
Since your pap smear was normal there is no need to repeat it so soon.
All the best.
Can wait for a couple of months
Yes dear you can very well wait till next cycle and see if this pattern persists.
In my opinion it is just an age related change in hormones and nothing serious but after 40 years of age any symptom should be evaluated if persistent.
Also get your thyroid hormone levels checked when possible.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for irregular menstruation
- Duphaston for irregular menstruation
- Menorrhagia, irregular menstruation causes
- Irregular menstruation safe days
- Irregular menstruation in 21 year old causes
- Causes of irregular menstruation
- Postinor cause irregular menstruation
- Propranolol cause irregular menstruation
- Irregular menstruation cyclefor what reason this thing is happening
- What are the reasons for irregular menstruation