question-icon

What causes irregular menstruation in a PCOS patient?

Posted on Tue, 26 Jul 2016
Question: i didn't had my periods for three months , well i had sex and after that i also got period once then i took prngncy kit as well twice and both time the test was negative i am having pcos . taking meprate for 5 days , do you think it could be pregnancy ?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
PCOD

Detailed Answer:
Hi
greetings
You are having irregular periods because of PCOD. ovulation is not happening every month and hence no regular periods. So unlikely to be pregnant and that is the reason for negative pregnancy test.
Meprate is a progesterone hormone and doctor has given you to get your periods.
you need to consult a gynaecologist and take medicines to regularise your cycles followed by drugs to induce ovulation.
Mean while your husbands semen analysis can also be done.
Hope my answer helps you. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN