What causes irregular menstruation after taking Postinor-2 pill?
I'm a female 23yr old from Singapore.
I took the postinor 2 pill for the first time in my life 4 months ago and did not have any side effects and got my period as per nomal after that.
Last month I took the same pill for the second time and this time also didn't experience any side effects but I experienced a 2 week period which started off as spotting then became light bleeding and then gradually become heavier and then become lighter again before stopping completely.
I would like to know when I should expect my next month period to come.
Erratic ovulation and menstruation common
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Irregular periods are a common side effect of emergency pill intake.
You will most likely get your periods on the date of full flow in this period of bleeding.
But still it is not a dictum and next date can vary more than 1-2 weeks from the expected date.
But in this upcoming cycle you should take care about the protection while indulging in sexual activity or start an oral contraceptive daily pill instead in case you are going to indulge in unprotected intercourse.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for irregular menstruation
- Menorrhagia, irregular menstruation causes
- Irregular menstruation in 21 year old causes
- Irregular menstruation after ohss
- Causes of irregular menstruation
- Postinor cause irregular menstruation
- Irregular menstruation taking letrozole unable to conceive suggestion
- Propranolol cause irregular menstruation
- Irregular menstruation after dengue
- What are the reasons for irregular menstruation