What causes irregular menstruation after surgical abortion?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: iam 24 years old married women.through laproscopic surgery my pregnancy was stopped 1 year ago.bt this month i havent been get monthly periods.it was late for 6 days from now.a week ago i suffered from severe stomach pain for 2 days. is this because iam pregnant again?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get a serum beta hcg test

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query to hcm,
Pregnancy can be confirmed or ruled out only after a serum beta hcg test which can be undertaken today. As its only 6 days post missed periods , urine pregnancy test may not be conclusive. Though abdominal cramps may indicate that this is a part of PMS and possible that your menses may start in next few days. You may either wait and watch or get a beta hcg test done soon.
regards
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 58 minutes later
How many should l wait? Or go further consultation?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
you should be ideally waiting for 8 days post missed period for the urine pregnancy test to be conclusive. However if you are anxious then you may get a serum beta hcg test done even today which is a specific and sensitive test to hcg levels and can give early conclusive results as soon as 7 days post last intercourse.
So it is suggested that you should wait for at least 3 more days to allow your menses to resume naturally and if they don't then do a urine pregnancy test. Further decision can be based on the urine pregnancy test results.