What causes irregular menstrual cycle?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: i have missed my period last month and now i am having little bit bleeding from last 10 days. usually i used to have average bleeding on regular period for 5-7 days. why i am having this time very little bit for long days and still continuing?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Sometimes irregular menstrual cycle occurs in every women life without any significant reasons.
It can be due to some common causes like stress, anxiety, exercise, hormonal changes, sleep changes and weight changes which may cause this type of menstrual irregularities but some time it can be due to significant cause.
Before giving my opinion I want to ask a few questions from yo.
Are you married and sexually active?
Have you done your home urine pregnancy test when you missed your period?
Are you having any other associated symptoms?
Any type of vaginal discharge?
On birth control pills?
Please revert back to me with my answers.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN