What causes irregular menstrual cycle post recovery from PCOS?
after 8 months of my marriage i missed period 1 month. visited doc took deviry and had an induced period after that again I had a normal period nxt month. usg reported pcod. doc advised normoz tablets for 3 months. took these tablets, went on a healthy diet, reduced weight, had normal periods for all these 3 months and did usg again. usg reported no pcod. doctor stopped normoz. in all these 3 mnths my cycle varied between 22-23 days. this month i am on no medication. its 26 days since my last period, but it hasn't started yet. I am very worried and tensed. I dont know what to do. I exercise 4 days a week, eat healthy why is this happening. I feel so depressed. plz help me
Welcome to HCM,
Since you have "missed " your period the first thing you need to do is an urine pregnancy test if you are sexually active; there is a chance that the pregnancy is causing you the delay in period.
Also, I would like to know if you are keen on getting pregnant soon or not , as mangemen of PCOS dependent on your fertility plans.
If you plan to get in the family way soon then the medications like clomiphene will have to be considered.
If not then you should consider taking Oral contraceptive pill for as long as you are not planning pregnancy as they suppress cyst formation in PCOS.
You should also consider taking Metformin 1 g per day as it definitely beneficial in pregnancy. But first you need to rule out that you are pregnant or not.
Hope this helps.
If you are having 23 day cycles and have not yet got your period as expected, it is a missed period, we need to do a urine pregnancy test now and also repeat it a week from now to confirm.
In women with PCOS the ovulation can be erratic and so it could be that you may have ovulated and there is always possibility of pregnancy.
Best to do a urine pregnancy test.
Normoz effects are gradual and not very sudden , so I would not attribute this to Normoz. I would recommend you to take folic acid and metformin.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does vicodin cause irregular menstrual cycles
- Does hypothyroidism cause irregularity in menstrual cycles
- Does postinor 2 cause irregularity in the menstrual cycle
- Causes of irregular menstrual cycle
- What causes irregular menstrual cycles
- Does masterbating cause irregular menstrual cycle
- What causes abnormal menstrual cycles
- What causes menstrual cycle changes
- Can steroid and stress cause irregular menstrual cycle
- What causes menstrual cycle headaches
- Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating during 3 months of pregnancy
- Are Susten and Duphaston advisable during pregnancy?
- What does my mammogram test report indicate?
- Suggest dosage for Folic Acid
- Suggest treatment for severe vaginal bleeding while on Tranexamic acid...
- When can one expect menstrual bleeding after taking Deviry?
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex despite being on Mirena?
- How effective is Marvelon contraceptive in preventing pregnancy?
- What causes small pinpoint spots of petechia bilateral on labia majora?
- How to recognise implantation bleeding?