What causes irregular heavy vaginal bleeding inspite of being on IUD?
Adverse effect of IUD. Do one USG scan.
Thanks for writing to us.
Irregular heavy bleeding is COMMON adverse effect of the IUD. It is also associated with Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and has greater risk of ectopic pregnancy.
I suggest you to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan if bleeding continues more than 5 days heavily. It will help to rule out underlying pathology if any.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, revert back to me with scan report.
Wish your good health and maintain genital hygiene properly.
Dr S Patra
Mostly consistent with adverse effects.
Thanks for follow up query.
Yes, above symptoms are mostly consistent with adverse effect of IUD. Take healthy diet, drink more water and need adequate bed rest.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heavy vaginal bleeding with crampings
- Heavy vaginal bleeding after regestrone
- Continuous heavy vaginal bleeding
- Diagnosis of Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Symptoms of Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Heavy vaginal bleeding causes
- Heavy vaginal bleeding and clotting
- What can cause heavy vaginal bleeding
- Sudden heavy vaginal bleeding
- Rib pain nausea sudden heavy vaginal bleeding cause of worry