What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac ablation?
Post ablation arrythmias and apprehension management and workup.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr. Saddiq ul Abidin. I have read your question completely, I understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
The kind of arrhythmias you have mentioned here, can not and shouldn't be taken lightly. But it would have been more helpful if i had known about the exact history and cause of such arrhythmias ( irregular heart rhythms) and any cardiac workup you have had in the past. Also that whether you are taking some drugs to control and alter the rate and rhythm of your heart for SVT since ablation apart from aspirin?
However, the kind of experienced the other night on exertion, without an EKG, it is difficult to comment that whether it was supra ventricular or A fib. Also that if your pulse was regular, it might also be a sinus tachycardia, which can also present like palpitations or apprehensions.
I would recommend you to go to a tertiary care set up, and discuss the whole incidence with your cardiologist in detail, and get a detailed cardiac evaluation done and pay regular visits to a cardiologist, to be started on either of the beta blockers, Digoxin, Amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil (all antiarrythmic durgs), depending on your recent cardiac status.
Also that if such symptoms persist little longer, I would suggest you to get an indoor evaluation, inside a tertiary care cardiology clinic, where you might be needed to undergo Holter Monitoring (24 hours EKG monitoring), to assess for any transient spells of arrhythmias during a full day cycle. Also the ETT and Echo may also be suggestive but in any case get a regular advisement of suitable meds and pay a regular follow up in future, as such drugs also need constant readjustments and monitoring.
I hope this answered your question. If you have more queries I am happy to answer. Otherwise rate before closing the discussion.
Dr.Saddiq ul Abidin
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ear infection cause irregular heart beat
- What is the treatment for irregular heart beats
- Esophagus causing irregular heart beat
- What causes irregular heart beats and fluttering when on liothyronine
- Do steroids cause irregular heart beat
- Peanuts cause irregular heart beat
- Smoking marijuana cause irregular heart beat
- Do cell phones cause irregular heart beat
- What is the remedy for irregular heart beat
- Anxiety cause irregular heart beat
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?