What causes involuntary muscle contractions in the leg at night?
Over work , exertion , anxiety ,tension , stress and hyper acidity are main causes of such cramps ( particularly in leg ) .
Take muscle relaxant tablet for 4-5 days ., if no relief then get in blood for Vitamin D and calcium examination and deal accordingly.
Not due to low levels of vit D.
Thanks for posting your query.
Night cramps most of the time occur for no known reason, and they're harmless.
Sometimes, it can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
it is not related to low Vit D levels.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of leg ache at night
- Getting severe leg cramps at night what is causing this
- What is causing severe leg and hand muscle cramps
- Involuntary leg spasm causes
- What causes muscle stiffness in legs
- What causes prickly heat in my legs at night
- What causes leg muscle cramps at night
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes leg muscle cramps
- What causes leg pain at night
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?