What Causes Intermittent Sharp Shooting Pain In Vein On Neck?
I need further details.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Seems to be muscular spasm of neck.
But I need a few more details for a better help:
1. Since when are you having this?
2. Pain is in neck or in any prominent vein? Or its just you are feeling that that is vein?
3. Any difficulty in neck movement?
4. Any history of neck sprain?
5. Any history of diabetes or Hypertension or Hypothyroidism?
6. Any radiation of pain to hands?
Revert with the asked details.
Then it seems to be Neuropathic Pain.
That might have evolved as a result of your preexisting disc problem.
I would advise you following:
1. To take a combination containing Tramadol and Acetaminophen stat.
2. To do hot fomentation.
3. To apply local Diclofenac gel like Volini gel.
This should improve within 3 days.
If this persists your would require a MRI if cervical spine and directed treatment for neuropathy like Pregabalin.
If you have any further query please ask me else revert to me after 7 days.