What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
Since it has been over an hour that I submitted my question (and I am still in pain here), can someone help manage my expectations on when I should expect toreceive a physicians response? Thanks.
Acute onset groin pain, advice to consult emergency room
Thank you for the query at HealthcareMagic.
I sincerely apologize since we were not able to get back to you sooner.
I have read your complaints and I understand your concern.
Acute onset of groin pain can be due to several reasons.
Hip joint problems,Inguinal hernia (out pouching of soft tissue through weakened muscle) , strangulated hernia (obstructed bowel loops within hernia) which require immediate surgical intervention, infections like prostatitis, epididimytis causing enlarged lymphnodes are all possibilities.
It is difficult to give a definite diagnosis without further evaluation and physical examination.
I'd recommend that you consult your doctor/emergency room for further management.
Meanwhile you can take Tylenol (if not allergic) for pain.
Hope I was able to help you
Please feel free to address any more concerns and questions
Exact Location of pain is more in favor for diagnosis of femoral hernia
Thank you for providing more specifics about the pain
The location of your pain favors the diagnosis of femoral hernia more than an inguinal hernia.
Hip problems,enlarged infected lymph nodes can also cause pain in the location.
But femoral hernia is most concerning, and need to be looked for.If untreated it can cause strangulated bowels within the hernia. Unstrangulated hernia presents with intermittent pain and increased pain during standing,walking,straining etc.Once the hernia become strangulated the pain becomes constant and progressively increasing in intensity.
I advice that you seek immediate medical care.
Hope I was able to answer your question,
Please feel free to address any more concerns,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What causes sharp pain and bleeding while passing stool
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in chest while lying down
- What can cause intermittent sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...