What causes intermittent sharp pain around the right rib cage and breathlessness?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: Hi this is a question for dr Sharka as we are aware I have done multiple cardiac work ups the last being in July or August of this year I have ecg echo stress test ct for PE and all was normal I seem to be getting a sharp pain that comes and goes under and around right side rib cage no shortness of breath this just started perhaps an hour ago or so just wondering if perhaps I think it can be cardiac or PE any suggestions thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms seem to be just musculo-skeletal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, dear XXXX!

Your symptoms do not seem to be related to any cardiac disoders.

So, relax and don't worry about it!

Have you tried any painkillers?

I recommend trying ibuprofen coupled with an antiacid or PPI (omeprazole).

A warm pack would also help improve your situation.

But, there is nothing to worry about your heart!

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Let me know about everything!

Wishing a nice weekend,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 17 hours later
Thank you .. it seems cold weather does not agree with this condition as today I was also moving around and hit achy like pain I upper sturnum across the chest just wanted to confirm that it is nit concern for cardiac issues also is there a type of dr that can perhaps help this situation as I cannot keep taking Tylenol or Advil
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Yes, cold weather can cause inflammation, leading to a similar pattern of chest pain.

For a more professional opinion, I would recommend with a rheumatologist or a pain specialist.

Advil can help against inflammation for a short period of time. Warm packs too.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri