What causes intermittent right-sided chronic progressive pain?
Medications she is now taking:
Xanax (alprazolam) - as needed
Relpax - as needed for Migraines
Connective tissue disorder or psychological disorder suspected
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Pain on the right side of abdomen with no organic lesion detected on various investigations leaves with possibilities of connective tissue disorder or a psychological pain.
Fibromyalgia is one of the connective tissue disorders which causes chronic progressive pain.
You are rightly seeing a fibromyalgia doctor. In addition, you need to get a panel of investigations for connective tissue disorders called ENA (extractable nuclear antigen) panel.
you can consult your doctor regarding this panel and get it done if required.
The other possibility that I talked about is psychological pain.
If no underlying cause for the pain is found, then probably there is a psychological basis for the pain.
In that case, medication and behavioral therapy will help.
At the same time, it is important to correct vitamin D deficiency by taking vitamin D supplements.
Vitamin D deficiency is associated with severe pain but that is mainly concentrated around joints.
You can continue with your consultation with fibromyalgia doctor and psychiatrist.
Role of surgeon is doubtful since there is not structural or organic lesion detectable on various investigations.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja Puri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes frequent pain in lower right side
- What causes right sided abdominal pain
- What causes right sided body pain
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes right sided head pain on breathing
- What caused pain in the right side of the stomach
- What causes right sided scalp pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What is the cause of chronic pain in feet
- What causes right sided pain around the ribs