What causes intermittent pain under the left breast?
Hello dear. I would like to go for an MRI.
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. I understand your concern. But first of all please do not worry.
As the mammogram is not showing any abnormalities, you must not worry.
However, as you are still having pain, an MRI of the breasts is warranted as mammogram sometimes may miss small lesions and specially when the breast is dense.
MRI is a safe investigation and no risk of radiation. After completely ruling out a tumor, other possibilities can be looked after like costochondritis, muscular pain or some benign vascular lesions causing pain.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain under the breast and breathlessness
- What causes severe pain under the breast on the right
- What causes pain in breast
- Left breast pain causes
- What is the cause for burning pain in left breast
- What is the cause for pain and soreness under breast
- What causes sharp pain under the breast
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- What causes pain under breast
- What causes pain and fluttering under the left breast