What causes intermittent pain under right breast post cholecystectomy?
Get LFT and and ultrasound if not done already otherwise please provide reports..
Hi, Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Male/47 - Lap Choly with IOC 5 days ago - eating fine - stopped pain med on day 2 - intermittent sudden pain under right breast - 3/10 - lasts a few seconds - repeat every few minutes for 20 minutes - cycle repeats every 2 hours or so - shock or pinching like pain - Surgeon Nurse thinks this may be possibly from spasm of ducts, to be nothing extra ordinary and says should resolve - getting concerned ...
Since the pain started on day 5 or so and has a classical description as you have explained like short, repetitive, this is possibly from the spam of the bile ducts.
This can not be places as being caused something else like the pinched nerves or collection or acute infection as by this time there would have been fever, chills and so on.
I would advise you the following:
A review Liver function tests and an Ultrasonography to make sure there is nothing serious going on inside.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post cholecystectomy causing hyperlipidemia
- Post-cholecystectomy abdominal pain
- Ncp for post cholecystectomy pain
- Post-cholecystectomy pain syndrome
- Post cholecystectomy syndrome neck pain
- Causes of vomiting 2 days post cholecystectomy
- Cholecystectomy causes weight gain
- Ruq pain post cholecystectomy
- Right upper quadrant pain post cholecystectomy
- Post laparoscopic cholecystectomy pain