What causes intermittent pain in right shoulder?
What do you think? No injury, but I did have frozen shoulder about five years ago same shoulder. I was playing tennis 2x per week but have been playing the past month not because of pain but no time.
Rotator cuff tendonitis likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
From the symptoms that you have described, it seems to be Rotator cuff tendonitis or shoulder impingement syndrome which causes irritation and inflammation of the rotator cuff and the bursa when doing overhead activity and hence pain.
This is commonly found in people who do activities like swimming, tennis, baseball, badminton, paper hanging, construction, or painting.
You need to get an MRI scan done which is a more sensitive test for soft tissue and muscular injuries. An Orthopedician is the best person to be consulted.
Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:
1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.
If the symptoms are severe then after confirming the diagnosis by MRI, you may need steroid injections or surgical arthroscopic technique (kept as last resort).
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes intermittent chest pain and back pain
- What is the cause of stomach pain and shoulder pain
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes tailbone pain and shoulder pain
- What is the cause and treatment for shoulder pain
- What causes intermittent pulsing dull pain in knee
- What causes pain under skin below right shoulder blade
- What causes pain in the right testicle
- What could be cause of intermittant lower quadrant pain
- What can cause intermittent sharp pain in chest