What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?
Its will take some weeks to be same again soon
Hello,Have gone through problem.
Sit in a tub of warm water for about 20 minutes.
Eat a high fiber diet.
OTC creams and anti-inflammatory medications may help.
Fissure cause sspamodic pain therefofe an antispasmodic along with muscle relalaxantant shoul be taken for a few days.
Vitanic C anf folic acid supplements should be taken along with it.
No you should be fully normal 12 weeks post surgery.
Have seen your follow up,
No, pain and discomfort after 19 months of surgery is not a good sign.It can be likely that fistula are going to reccur (as recurrence rate is very high post surgery) soon.However best idea this time would be to get a MRI done to rule out if there are some tracts which are developing.To be on safer side antibiotics and anti inflammatory therapy can be used.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anal pain causes
- Chronic anal pain causes
- What is the recovery time for an anal fistulotomy
- What causes lower abdominal and anal pain
- What causes anal pulsing
- What causes anal pain after defecation
- Intensity of pain after fistulotomy
- What causes anal cancer
- What causes tightness and pain in anal area
- What causes pain in anal fissure
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?