What causes intermittent numbness and tingling sensation in the fingers?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I get intermittent numbness and tingling in my thumb and first two fingers of my right hand. Occurs whiule driving, sometimes during sleeping,and sometimes when I'm using my computer.
YYYY@YYYY
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be mild nerve root compression.

Detailed Answer:
Tingling numbness or loss of sensation of a limb can either be due to vascular or neuropathic problem.There is possibility is of a spinal cause . Any spinal cause in the cervical spine may be associated with tingling in the fingers. So to rule out this possibility you need a MRI whole spine done after consulting a neurologist.
You should eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are sources of vitamin B 12. If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal