What causes intermittent neck pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My husband has been having neck pain off and on for several days. Now moving up into back of head.
He's 68, has been dx with heart and diabetic problems. Heart (no heart attack) & BP under control with medication, along with diabetic controlled with diet. Should we go to ER tonight or call dr in morning
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,he is suffering from cervical pain ,do hot fomentation and avoid pillow.You can call doctor in morning.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes intermittent neck pain? 19 minutes later
He has informed me sometimes he is dizzy and feels he canoassiut

Brief Answer:
You can wait.

Detailed Answer:

Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
These are also related to cervical pain but if he feels more dizzy and more recurrently than you can go to ER.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.