What causes intermittent menstrual bleeding for twenty-seven days?
It may be perimenopause.
Normally females in their 50s years of age face these events due to another stage in life called Menopause. Before it, the woman has still up and down menstrual bleeding.
It is always adviced to perform a vaginal ultrasound examination to check for the condition of the uterus, ovaries etc. A Pap-test ist a must, and should be made on regular schedule.
Hormone therapy may be considered and you may talk about it with your gynaecologist.
As you described it, there is nothing to be worry, just try to get used to it, because it will soon pass by.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Normally 3 years.
The perimenopause period lasts normally 3 years, but this is different from one person to another.
You may expect: hot flashes, change in mood, weight gain, pain while sexual intercourse, fatigue, sleeping problem, irregular periods.
It is important to notice that if you bleed more than 7 days, and very frequent, if you bleed with pieces of blood clots, this may be most often due to fibroids in the uterus, and you need to check the situation of the uterus with the ultrasound examination as I explained in the first answer.
You need to take a calcium supplement during this time, eat good and a healthy diet, with more vitamins, the sport is a must, otherwise, you may have a lot of fatigue and problem with sleeping.
Some women have more symptoms, some have less, just keep in mind that this is a normal episode of life and if you do regular checkups and eat healthily and take care of your self. Everything will be fine.
After perimenopause, you will pass in Menopause, where you will have no more menstrual periods, and you cannot bear any Child.
When the Menopause is in, the symptoms will go away, but you have to consider calcium supplements if your blood analysis says that you need them.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Eni, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are causes for bleeding after menstrual
- What causes gritty menstrual bleeding
- Causes of continuous menstrual bleeding
- Causes of heavy menstrual bleeding
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding causes
- What is the cause and cure for heavy menstrual bleeding
- What causes excessive menstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding for 2 days then stopped causes
- Inter menstrual bleeding causes
- What causes scanty menstrual bleeding
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?