• question-icon

What causes intermittent lower right back pain?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: right mid/lower back pain, comes and goes, if sitting sometimes if I turn to the right, it will hurt.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello ! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question.
The pain the you dedcribe coud be caused by damaged muscles, ligament or osteoarthritis of your hip...

Since the pain did not go away for days ,a X - ray is needed to rule out any bone problems ( osteoarthritis,any bone damged ,spinal cord problems ) and a physical examiantion by your local doctor needs to be performed to confirm the diagnosis.

Meanwhile I would recommend to use only warm comoresses, take painkilles( ibuprofen / advil 200-400 mg every 4-6 hours ) , rest , avoid the movements that makes the pain worse.

Hope you find the answer helpful.
Let me know if you have any further questions, i will be happy to help.
Take Care !
Dr Balliu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rudina Balliu 29 minutes later
That high up could be caused by osteoarthritis of your hip? it is the back right side of the dorsal if I am facing you head on, right of the spinal cord midway below the arm pit and hip.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If its that high up , not the case

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!
Thank you for your information.
You mean the pain is in the middle of your spinal cord( thoracal part ) not in the lower part of your back .If the pain is in that level osteoarthritis is not the case.
It is more likely your muscles(muscles strain ) or ligaments or from the spinal cord.
Follow the advice that i wrote to you , an X -ray and a physical examiantion is needed to rule out any spinal cord problems .
Take Care!
Dr. Rudina Balliu