• question-icon

What causes intermittent lower back pain when diagnosed with osteoarthritis?

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My chiropractor wants to try lazer therapy. I have Neuropathy in feet and previously injured rt. hand and ED,
I have osteoarthritis, osteoporosis (I'm a kidney transplant on Prednizone 5 years-10MG daily), degenerative bone disease, secondary diabetes-A1C is OK-no treatment.
I've had lower back pain intermittent since an injury at age 19-I'm 71 now.
My next option is acupuncture and then move to XXXXXXX and try CBD and then painkillers,dope, drugs, or check out.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cost analysis is better.

Detailed Answer:

Neuropathic pain management is multimodal in approach. It is very difficult to analayze which works for an individual. The studies only say about average numbers.
Lazer therapy is proven modality to deal with neuropathic pain in the lower limbs and it worked very well in few to many individuals.
You can try it for sure before moving to acupuncture and Cognitive behavioural therapy.
You can do the cost analysis by yourself between the two modalities.
If you do not want to waste time you can directly jump to acupuncture and CBT.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 56 minutes later
Doctor, my wife and I just argued over "Lazer therapy works for some" and "if I don't want to waste time jump to acupuncture or CBD." She says those statements don't conflict. I guess I'm dense; maybe because of my seizure meds; but I still wonder if you think I should waste time or try lazer therapy. Is trying Lazer therapy a waste of time?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Laser beam therapy

Detailed Answer:

As I said it works for few effectively. So you can do it and try the effectiveness. Else you have to jump to CBD and acupuncture.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam