What causes intermittent left chest pain near upper sternum?
It seems more of a muscular pain.
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that your pain seems to be of muscular origin.
Since you feel pain in a particular position, and it not associated with cough, pain seems to be a muscle pain.
A painkiller and muscle relaxant along with an antacid will help.
I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated.
Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. CT Scan of thoracic region.
2. Chest auscultation.
I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes intermittent chest pain and back pain
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- Intermittent chest pain causes
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes back and chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache