What causes intermittent itchy spots on the forehead?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Just wanted to ask a dermatologist what might be causing this. It went away when I was on prednisone for my back and the minute i stopped prednisone it came right back. Very itchy. I have some on my four head as well but nowhere else on my body. I am not using any new creams and everything I use is very gentle. No new detergents either.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like Seborrheic dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for asking.

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern and viewed the image.

I think it is seborrheic dermatitis - presents as red, itchy, dry, scaly patches on the scalp as well as on face - forehead, sides of nose, glabella, eyebrows, chin etc.

Seborrheic dermatitis is a steroid-responsive dermatosis. I suggest you use a mild topical steroid cream e.g cortisone cream, twice daily.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee