• question-icon

What causes intermittent fever, headaches, vomiting, diarrhea and hiccups?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: For the last 2 1/2 days suffering from fluctuating fever, headaches, vomiting, diarrhea and hiccups. Strange symptoms I know what could be the problem?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastroenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and i understand your concerns . it seems that you caught a gastroenteritis . I would recommend that you get a stool analysis done but if that was not possible then you should take metronidazole as flagyl three times daily for one week together with imoduim to stop the diarrhea . you should also keep yourself adequately hydrated with enough fluids to avoid dehydration . for headaches and fever continue on the Tylenol every eight hours. if you feel dizzy , extreme thirst or confusion then you should go to the hospital as soon as possible as these are signs of dehydration and should be treated with intravenous fluids.. I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman