What causes intermittent abdominal spasms?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am having lower left intermittent abdominal spasms. I have IBS, leaky gut and large fibroids. I feel great otherwise, but I am curious why I keep having these spasms?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As detailed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
I hope the basic investigations of blood, stool, urine, CT scan abdomen and colonoscopy have been done and found to be normal.
It is important that all these be normal and then only one is said to have been suffering from IBS.
Spasms is one of the characters of IBS and needs antispasmodic medications as per individual needs to be symptom- free.
Control of stress and/or anxiety is mainstay of IBS management.

I hope, this answers your query and helps in seeking proper management.