What causes intermittent abdominal pain and indigestion after eating a larger meal?
Please suggest any medication and your opinion on my condition.
Pancreatic enzyme preparations or stop oily foods.
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
It is good to know that you have stopped alcohol and thus giving a chance or regaining good health of liver, pancreas and of the body in general.
Marginal raise in serum amylase and lipase id not very specific in absence of symptoms of pancreatitis and thus most probably are secondary to alcohol injury to pancreas.
Hence it is necessary to get these evaluated by regular followup blood test.
I would be wise to go for MRCP that is MRI of cholangiopancreatic system including that of liver; upper GI Endoscopy and EUS that is Endoscopic Ultrasound as it gives better diagnosis than ultrasonography of abdomen which has been reported as normal in your case.
Intermittent abdominal pain and indigestion on consuming heavy foods may be due to the following reasons:
Pancreatic insufficiency that is less than required secretions of pancreatic enzymes unable to digest heavy foods.
Addition of pancreatic enzyme supplements while eating food can help to get this resolved.
Also needed are the tests of stool; tests of blood for liver functions.
Clinical evaluation and re-evaluation by your Doctor preferably a Gastroenterologist.
All these things will lead to a proper diagnosis and gives plan for proper management.
I hope, this answers your queries and helps in getting a proper diagnosis at the earliest.
Please give feedback and ask fr further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can my intermittent abdominal pain and nausea be due to pinworm infection?
- What causes abdominal pain and nausea after eating solid food
- What could be the cause for intermittent abdominal pain
- What is the cause of sharpintense and intermittent abdominal pain
- What can cause abdominal pain after a colonoscopy
- What causes abdominal pain after falling on the buttocks
- Sharp intermittent abdominal pain like a knife
- Intermittent abdominal pain waiting for colonoscopy result any thoughts
- Experiencing intermittent abdominal pains and white mucus anal discharge suggest
- What causes abdominal pain after having large meals