What causes intermittent BP of 160 to 220?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I'm a 53 years old gulf war vet. Every since the late 90s my blood pressure would jump from normal to panic mode 160 to 220 in all clinics, electronic stores, library etc. I have found no doctor willing to validate my issue a n was told by one of the doctors that no one would check me out. My personal doctor has never got a good blood pressure reading on my in his office. I've been to the VA hospital, clinics, psychiatrist they treat me like I'm contagious with something bad but the won't check me sometimes less than 20 feet outside the facility to compare the reading. I've got video. Who will help? Goldsboro NC
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to ask you few things

1. Do you have any other diagnosed medical condition
2. Have you ever done any ecg and echo. If yes kindly upload the reports.
3. Are you taking any medication for Blood pressure. If yes kindly provide the details.

Please revert with required information.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad