What causes intense pain in the right hip and back?
Possible psoas abscess
Hi and welcome.
Well, this is pretty unusual for osteomuscular pain and RA si it may be related to intraabdominal pathology especially if you have associated fever nausea or vomit. However even without this, it may be psoas abscess or ovarian cyst. I suggest to do ultrasound to rule this out especially if those symptoms above occur. Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes chronic lower back pain radiating towards the hip
- What causes bloating and back pain
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- Can mirena cause back and hip pain
- What is causing tender back pain and soreness in hip
- What causes back and chest pain