What causes intense pain in legs and feet?
It can be due to neuropathy
I have studied your case and your symptoms are most probably due to neuropathy. In this condition there is nerve compression in the spine or due to vitamin deficiency burning pain occurs in feet and legs. It is more severe in night time just like in your case. But before I advised you any further I would like to know little detail of the illness.
1.Since when you are having these symptoms?
2.Do you feel this pain during walking in day time too?
3.Are you a Diabetic or smoker?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
. No I am no diabetic
Yes I do smoke. I need to have an idea for pain relief. Walking my dog is so painful
you need to get MRI of the spine
Thanks for replying. Your symptoms are mostly due to spine problem. I would recommend you to get MRI of the spine to see how much nerve compression is present. If it is more than fifty percent then you might need surgical intervention.
If it is less then fifty percent then you can start taking Pregabalin and methyl cobal daily. This will improve your nethe strength. Smoking should be discontinued.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fluid in legs and feet
- What causes pain in the knees and feet
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes fasciculations on legs and feet
- Can medication cause pain in legs and feet
- Painful bottom legs and ankles and feet causes
- What causes pain in kneeslegsankels and feet
- What is the cause of chronic pain in feet
- What are the possible causes for pain in feet