What causes intense nausea and vomiting along with frequent episodes of diarrhea and dizziness?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Intense vomitting and nausea. Diarrhoea and dizzy also. Comes in episodes lasting a few hours. 5 episodes in the last 3 weeks. Nausea and vomitting the strongest symptoms. No actual physical pain anywhere.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. Your problem seems to be due to gastritis.

In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Take meclizine or some other antiemetic.
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 55 minutes later
Is it normal to feel perfectly fine inbetween outbreaks? I've had 5 such incidents in a few weeks. But inbetween im fine. But they are very intense and the worst sickness ive experienced. I never had any issues like this before. Can it be cured? Does it pass itself after a while. Im not suffering from stress in my life. But these outbreaks do cause me to worry if im going to continue to suffer them regularly from now on as the affect on my life would be great. Im also very nervous about eating now incase i get ill in the following hours.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can feel normal in between

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it is normal to feel perfectly fine in between. It can be cured. It is good to hear that your stress level is less. Rather than passing after a while, it is more likely to intensify after a while.

Try to follow the advice I have given and things should be fine.