What causes intense body aches, hoarse voice, swollen throat and chest congestion?
I have been feeling very bad for a couple of days and have attributed it to allergies since I have no fever, but I have been experiencing the following for the last 48 hours: intense body aches, hoarse voice/swollen throat, some chest congestion/drainage (clear for the most part both from cough & blowing my nose). For the last hour, however, my hands have been tingling and numb & now I'm freaking out silently at work. I still seem to have no fever and my whole body hurts, including my neck from being hunched over in my cubicle, but I can touch my chin to my chest, which I've been doing obsessively now for 45 minutes. I've taken Claritin & 1000 mg of Tylenol at 9 a.m. EST (I had to come into work) but the fact that I can barely feel my fingers is worrisome. I am a 45 yo female & have 2 teenagers at home who have not been exposed to meningitis, to my knowledge, though I do take public transportation in XXXXXXX DC. Talk me down! Thank you,
Not meningitis. You should take the day off, get examined & review meds.
Thank you for your query.
1. This is not meningitis.
2. You should take the day off, get examined and review the current medications.
3. The tingling and numbness is more likely to be due to weakness following this allergy/viral respiratory tract infection, worsened by anxiety.
4. You need rest, hydration and a review of your medication.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes body aches with chest pains and head aches
- Hoarse voice body aches
- What causes headaches and body aches
- What is causing my sore throat and raspy voice
- What causes sore and swollen throat
- Loss of voice sore throat cough body aches
- Can sore throat cause hoarse or muffled voice?
- What causes coughcoldfevertirednessmalaise with body aches
- What causes body aches with tiredness
- Lost voice ive headache body aches chesty cough chest hurts throat swollen