What causes insomnia, mood swings and hot flushes?
PLEASE UPLOAD REPORT.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Basically your symptoms are those of peri menopause / menopause.
Can you upload the report, as various laboratories measure estradiol in different units and have varied normal and abnormal ranges.
By looking at the report, I can tell you the inference.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
HORMONES SHOULD BE STARTED, GET FSH AND LH DONE.
The report is indicative of diminished levels of hormones in your body, that is, peri menopausal symptoms.
This can be further confirmed by measuring FSH and LH levels.
To answer your question, yes, if your symptoms are severe and unmanageable, low dose hormones should be started.
MECHANISM OF HORMONES EXPLAINED.
I understand your confusion, it is only natural.
Let me try and explain.
FSH is follicle stimulating hormone, it is the hormone secreted from the brain to drive the ovaries to produce estrogen.
Now, when estrogen is normal in the body, FSH is normal.
When estrogen supply fails, when ovaries start getting inactive, the brain senses the need to push production, thereby increasing FSH levels.
THus, first estrogen levels fall, and then, as proper menopause sets in, FSH levels go way beyond high, as the brain over secretes FSH to try and stimulate the ovaries, which are now inactive, irrespective of high FSH levels.
So you are in the early stages of menopause, and after a few months, FSH levels would also rise and fit in with values in the menopausal range.
Take care, hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mirena causes insomnia
- Nuvaring cause insomnia
- Loestrin insomnia loestrin causing insomnia
- What is the cause and treatment for insomnia
- What viruses causes insomnia
- What causes abdominal painvomintingheadaches and insomnia
- Swine flu cause insomnia
- What could cause extreme thinking causing insomnia and fatigue
- What causes insomnia and how can it be treated
- Insomnia causes
- Why am I getting pain and electric sensation after having intercourse?
- Mirena inserted. Itchy rashes appeared, missing periods and having...
- Follicular study showed enlarged ovary, thick endometrium and no fluid....
- Pregnant. Started spotting after intercourse. Feeling tired with sore...
- Pregnant. Accidentally inhaled goof off rust stain remover. Should I be...
- How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy?
- Itchy clitoris and feeling uncomfortable after using vagifem. Suggest...
- Have had scanty period, heaviness in abdomen and moles on face. What is...
- 54 years old. Feeling bloated, frequent urination and getting delayed...
- Had vulval intraepithelial neoplasia surgery. Getting loose flaps of...