What causes inflammation under the skin with a burning sensation throughout the body?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 13 Jul 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have inflammation under the skin. Maybe in the muscle or just under the skin. Not sure. I get it all over. Arms,legs, soles of my feet. Most everything though. I am experiencing hot flashes but I get a burning sensation with them.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need workup for causes edema, autoimmune and thyroid profile

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, for such swellings associated with generalised body aches, a detailed work up including liver and kidney functions as well as cardiac output and functions estimattion by echo cardiogram is needed however if such inflammations itself is painful, a rheumatologist review and baseline autoimmune profile should be done.

Though if thyroid is under functioning, it may also present like this but a possibility of post menopausal symptoms due to hormonal changes is another possibility which is also explained by the hot flushes.

A hormonal profile, sugar levels, an endocrinologist review should be sought to decide if hormone replacement therapy alongwith supplements for calcium, D3, phosphate and ossien mineral complexes should be started.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng