What causes inflammation of the windpipe?
See as below
I understand your concern. Pill aspiration is a common problem and in most cases, it either gets coughed out, or gets dissolved in the airways without any actual symptoms.
However, depending on the substance the tablet is made of, it can either cause inflammation of the airways or get stuck further down in the bronchial tree or lungs and pose serious danger. Coughing is a sign that the airways are pushing the pill up and this is a good thing.
Magnesium is not known to cause irritation or inflammation and it will probably get dissolved, however if you experience trouble breathing, wheezing, drooling, heavy coughing and shortness of breath I recommend you seek immediate medical help.
I hope this helps. If you have further questions I would be happy to answer them.
Wishing you good health and all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in vagina
- What causes episcleritis inflammation
- What causes breast inflammation
- What causes tissue inflammation
- What causes prostate inflammation
- Inflammation of the windpipe
- What causes eye inflammation
- What causes inflammation in throat
- What causes chest inflammation
- What causes inflammation of the liver