What causes inflammation in feet and ankles while walking?
Thank you for the query.
Such symptom can be caused by veins insufficiency. When walking, the pressure in the veins increases so the blood can not get back to the heart. This can cause swelling, redness and pain.
If you have also calf pain while walking and one foot is colder than the other one (colder when touching them), arteries narrowing due to arterosclerosis can be the reason.
I suggest you to consult vascular surgeon. Dopplers ultrasound should be done.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes episcleritis inflammation
- What causes breast inflammation
- Ankle inflammation causes
- What causes tissue inflammation
- What causes prostate inflammation
- What causes pain in my feet while walking
- What causes inflammation in foreskin and tightness while retracting
- What causes eye inflammation
- What causes inflammation of feet in a diabetic patient
- What causes chest inflammation