question-icon

What causes inflammation and tingling at injection site?

Posted on Mon, 28 Jul 2014
Question: I shot bath salt cottons into the crook of my arm about two hours ago and the entire side of my body where I injected is red and splotchy and a bit tingly. It's now moved up my right leg but hasn't yet reached the right arm yet. What is happening? Yes I've been up for the past day but have done no more than half a gram which is a lot less than I normally have done in the past. I'm speedy and tweetked out, but this is concerning me. Please help!
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome to hcm

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern. This is probably infection which is called thrombophlebitis and this is usually seen after such incidents. It can progress to serious condition so you need to start with antibiotic treatment and have this arm immobilised with cast. So you must visit doctor as soon as possible. Wish you good health. Regards
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon