What causes inflammation and swelling on ear of a child?

ENT Specialist
Question
2 year old with red, swollen cartilage of right ear. Warm to touch, no fever, does cry if touched
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He is having inflammation of right ear.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen your grandson right ear picture .
He is having inflammation of right ear due to infection or allergy .
If I were your grandson treating doctor, I would advice him topical antibiotic+steroid ointment & syrup azithromycin .You can give benadryl . Also cut his all nails .
Certainly above treatment will give you much relief but if relief is not upto satisfaction level then consultation with your ENT doctor will become essential.
Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.