What causes inflammation and swelling of feet and ankle?
there is possibility of polyarthritis leading to swelling
I have read your query.
There is possibility of polyarthritis leading to inflammation and swelling.
you can send her blood investigation like CBC, ESR, CRP.RA TEST, ACCP. You can send blood samples from home also if service is available.
Another possibility of swelling due to systemic cause like renal or cardiac dysfunction.
blood test will rule out renal cause.
For cardiac involvement clinical examination is important.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- Ankle inflammation causes
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- Does oxycodone cause swelling of the feet and ankles
- What causes bladder leakage and swelling in ankles and feet
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- What causes inflammation of feet in a diabetic patient
- Having carpal tunnel in hands. Feeling difficulty in bending or...
- Having hip pain due to which lack of sleep. Suffering from cough at...
- Back pain that keeps increasing with the day, have tiredness and...
- Treatment for subcentral impaction fracture and hypo plastic trochlea...
- Moveable lump on elbow since skin peeling over the area, pain on...
- On physiotherapy, taken steroid injections, symptoms seem to be...
- Consistent back pain, have sedentary working style. Tips to reduce back...
- Having tingling in upper back and numbness in arm. What should I do?
- Knee pain, sharp twinges behind knee cap, occasional difficulty in...
- Chronic hip pain, joint pains. X-ray showed heal spur, MRI showed...