What causes inflammation and swelling in the neck, hands and feet?

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 16 Oct 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello I am concerned about my fiancé he has been working for a new company and I go to visit him and his face neck hands and feet are all swollen. His skin is very red as well. There is such a strong odor on his clothing that it chokes me up to breath it in. He does hydroblasting and is currently at a refinery doing this line of work is there reason to be concerned about his health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Swelling of feet needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way.

The symptoms you shared could possibly be due to the environment in which he is working and is unlikely to be due to systemic symptoms.

However, swelling of feet can be once confirmed by undergoing some investigations.

If I were his treating doctor then I would have advised Renal Function Tests & chest x-ray. You can ask him to discuss these investigations by visiting his nearest healthcare facility.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana