What causes inflamed white patches in throat?
I am Dr Mittal
I have read your query
I have also seen the images uploaded.
I feel GERD is a strong possibility.
Sometimes the acid is not felt too strongly in the stomach.
Therefore no gastritis.
However, I would like to consider another 2 possibilities
1. cadidiasis- I would need the pictures of the esophagus. That can be achieved only by UGI endoscopy. So I suggest the same to you
2. a deficiency disease. I would suggest a course of multivitamins including a high dose of B12.
Also suggest a Complete Blood Count and Absoulte Eosinophil Count.
I hope that this will help you.
Best of luck
Thank you for your response, I am always glad to get some feedback on what it could be and suggestions on how it can be treated. I will start taking a quality multivitamin (Solgar) each day from now on. I will see if I can get an endoscopy but I have a feeling the NHS won't allow it after the last thing I asked for showed nothing (spirometry). It is scaring me that nobody can say for sure what the problem is with the throat, is it an unusual presentation? Does it look like something that could turn out to be serious?
ugie may be allowed
I wont say its unusual.
I think if you ask for endoscopy to rule out candidiasis as well as gastritis, the doctor may allow you to get it done.
As for it being serious, I cannot comment on that till I get the endoscopy report.
I hope you understand that last part.
Best of luck.
That was to say I can't tell without report. I am not expecting anything serious . sorry for the miscommunication. As for A E, take a chance.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrogen peroxide causing white patches in throat
- What causes strep throat
- What causes sore throat with white tongue
- What causes white puss on the back of throat
- What causes white waxy spots in throat
- What can cause white spots in throat
- What causes drainage in throat
- What could cause white spots in throat
- Allergies cause white patches in throat
- What causes a raspy throat