What causes indigestion, stomach pain and diarrhea after gallbladder removal?

Question
I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago. I have an upset stomach and stomach pain and diahrea. Tried pepto but threw up after taking it.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infectious cause should be looked for

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description an infectious cause of the diarrhea should be looked for. If there is fever, white cells or blood in stool then antibiotics can be advised accordingly. Oral isotonic fluids like ORS should be taken to avoid dehydration in the time being. Antiemetic such as domperidone or metoclopramide can be taken for the vomiting / nausea.

Let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks