• question-icon

What causes indigestion, irregular bowel movements, vomiting, stomach ache, headaches and swollen ankles?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have severe indigestion, irregular bowl movements, vomiting, stomach aches, headaches, sweats, and swollen ankles.
I am under a huge stress for the past four years. Now the symptoms
are so severe I can not function through the day. I wake up with bad pain and indigestion, yet very internally sore between my breasts.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it needs to be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX welcome to health care magic,
Since the problem has been there for 4 years and more severe now in spite of appropriate treatment, it needs to be investigated.
You could have H Pylori infection----an infection in stomach that can cause severe irritation.
or GERD-----GASTRO EOSOPHAGEAL REFLUX--loose wind pipe muscle that causes food to regurgitate up.
or Hiatus hernia--the opening in muscle between chest and abdomen becomes loose and stomach bulges into chest causing extreme discomfort.
Sure it is a good idea to see a doctor and get investigated for all this.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Geeta Sundar