What causes increased visibility of veins in the body?
In the past 7 weeks or so I've had veins throughout my body become visible and they appear bulging and wide. Im overweight and my veins, even in pregnancy bave always been difficult to see. Just the pressure from my shoes seems to make new ones show, or I noticed this with my palm and using the mouse. They are even beginning to show at my temples. Its become upsetting as Ive had lots of muscle pain as well including fatigue. I have some edema and it seems consistant in my hands and neck area. I have pain under my jaw and ears along with my temples on both sides. I am very fatigued. I've had night sweats and woken with a racing heart. I have what looks like Raynauds on and off through the day with white spots occuring on under my skin. My heart was checked via cardio, holter and echo to be okay. I have fatty liver disease and fibromyalgia. I had bloodwork done and my tsh, esr, and other bloods were good except my livers alt, ast, and alp. my blood cortisol was normal. My c reactive protein was around 7.8 and has been tested twice in a matter of months. I don't know if this is an edocrine, rheumatology or vascular issue. I am not certain what to ask my GP to pkease do, ie. who to refer me too. Thank you for your help.
Need Ultrasound abdomen
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your query in detail.
You possibly seem to have edema either of liver or kidney origin.
Hence it is important to evaluate these organs in detail.
The prominent veins can be a result of edema.
I advise you to get an ultrasound abdomen fir further assessment.
Likewise, it's important to get blood urea, serum creatinine and complete urine examination fir further assessment.
It's important to monitor your blood pressure daily.
Get these tests and update me with test reports.
Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these tests to you.
Post your further questions if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes body odor
- Underactive thyroid cause of visible green veins on the body
- Causes of increased body temperatures
- What causes body heat
- What causes cold and increased body temperature at night
- What causes body itching
- What causes increase in body temprature
- What causes body tremors
- What causes body flushing
- What causes increase in body temperature as the day passes
- What does this lipid profile test result indicate?
- What are the symptoms of mononucleosis?
- What causes constant diarrhoea while on Lithium?
- Is frequent defecation an effective method to pass THC detox test?
- How long should i take Nasonex and Montair LC for allergies?
- How to gain weight?
- What causes difficulty in losing weight along with numbness in hands and...
- What does cochran drug screening detect?
- What causes recurrent ulcers in mouth despite taking medication?
- Suggest treatment for complete ACL tear in knee