What causes increased vaginal discharge?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: What causes a clear runny discharge
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

First off, I am not sure about which discharge you are referring to here, please clarify if it is vaginal discharge or nasal discharge. (The below answer is assuming that you have vaginal discharge).

If you are experiencing an increase in the amount of discharge compared to your normal daily amount this might indicate the presence of an underlying infection. There are certain types of infections that can trigger this type of discharge including trichomonas. This would be something that your doctor would have to test for.

otherwise it is very difficult to speculate what might be causing this particular discharge without a good physical examination and possibly laboratory testing. If this discharge continues I would recommend that you talk about it with your primary care physician for further recommendations.

Thank you again for sending your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D