What causes increased urination in a person with hypothyroidism?
First get urine culture sensitivity test done.
Welcome to healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.
Since when are you having these complaints? With age frequency in peeing increases. But not to this extent like what you are suffering.
The causes for your increased urination can be as below;
1. May be you have developed urinary tract infection. Do you have burning sensation or pain while passing urine.
2. Increased amount of water intake ( specially if you are also drinking caffeinated drinks) can exaggerate this symptom. Reduce your water intake and reduce caffeinated drinks and see whether you feel better. I am suggesting this only to identify the cause for your problem.
3. Urge incontinence where there is frequent urge to pass urine due to over activity of bladder muscle.
4. Medications like Lexpro used for depression.
I suggest you to consult your doctor and get urine culture sensitivity done to find out if you have infection. If infection, medications and drinking large quantity of water are not the cause then you need to consult urologist for urodynamic studies. Urodynamic studies are tests done to find out how well bladder and sphincters work to store and release urine. This test helps to find out the cause for your problem.
I hope this helps. If you have any further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does hypothyroidism cause increase in vaginal discharge
- What causes dizziness while taking methimazole for hypothyroidism
- Can hypothyroidism cause change in personality
- What causes pregnancy symptoms when having hypothyroidism
- What causes a spike in blood pressure and hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism causes
- What causes cellulitislynphedema in legsphenigus with hypothyroidism
- What causes perimenopausal symptoms with hypothyroidism
- What causes a spike in blood pressure and a spike in hypothyroidism
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism