What causes increased liver echogenicity?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: my liver size is normal and increased in echotexture . what is the treatment for it. and I have gallbladder stone with 5mm polyps. what should I do
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM.

I am Dr.Klerida Shehu gastroenterologist.

I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:

1. With regards to increased liver echogenicity, usually it is related with fatty liver even with normal size.

At this situation I would suggest to :
- loose weight
- increase physical activity
- avoid fatty and sweet foods
- avoid alcohol use
- use Vitamin E and sylimarine
- repeat abdominal ultrasound and transaminases after 6 months

2. You are reporting to have gallbladder stone and a polyp 5 mm in size.
If you were my patient, I would suggest doing laparoscopic removal of your gallbladder.
With regards to polyp since it is less than 1cm than there is nothing to be worried about its nature. It will be removed together with gallbladder.

Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Kler