What causes increased heart rate, left atrial enlargement, and coronary vessel aneurysm in a teenager?
last week she had fever and we went to urgent care .they told that she has simple fever but she had heart rate of 130 .they asked us to go home and told that this is due to fever.
next day her heart rate was still high so we went into umass emergency where they took EKG and suggested that heart rate was due to dehydration.
she went to school and we got call from school nurse that she has rash on lower side .we took her to her PCP againm she told that it is due to weather she also talked hear specialist where they told to go to heart hospital .we went today there and doctor did some scaning and told us the folloiing abormalties ..
Left atrial enlargement
Aneurysm of coronary vessels
he asked us that nothing is serious and asked to check after 4 months..
we are getting confused here ..can we get some directions here.
My daughter is completely fine now .she does not have any symtomps at all.
Need some details.
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern.
I would like to tell you that all this was most likely the result of a viral illness which has transiently affected her heart but as the viral illness recovered things got improved.
As she is fine now there is no need to worry for now. If you have the ECG and Echo report kindly upload them for review.
However a repeat ECG and Echocardiography should be carried out after 3 months to make sure there is no residual effect left behind from the illness.
I hope this information will relieve your worries.
Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of increased heart rate
- What could cause increased heart rate and easily fatigued limbs
- Increased heart rate causes
- What can cause increased heart rate while climbing stairs
- What causes increased heart rate and palpitations
- Std that causes increased heart rate
- What causes anxiety with increased heart rate
- What std increases heart rate
- What causes increased heart rates while on inderal
- What could cause increased heart rate in the night
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?